Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas Cards: Special Delivery {Where the Second Donation Is Headed!}


So I have been promising to tell you guys where the rest of the Christmas Cards money is going, but I couldn’t because you were still buying them even after Christmas had passed.

First, I want to say:

Thank you.

Rebekah, I know I told you a billion times already, but I can’t stop saying thank you because you took the idea from my head and made it a complete reality. Your photography is amazing and you are too. I am honored to call you my friend and I look forward to the inspiring things that God will do in your life.

To all of you who helped me get this started, especially my parents and Julia, who listened to me babble when this was just a crazy idea in my head. Thank you.

To all of you who prayed and offered your advice, I believe you made the difference. Thank you. 

To all of you who purchased cards or donated, whether it was 50 cards or just one, you made a difference. Thank you.  Rebekah and I, we didn’t keep anything for ourselves. We just gave. You gave.

I think this is what is the coolest: We use our gifts (that are God-given) to create, you bought cards to give as gifts, and the money from the cards was used as a gift to those who are truly in need. It’s just this twisted and beautiful little web of giving gifts.


Okay, so the remaining proceeds, which totaled over $550, were donated to a wonderful organization called Rehema Home.

I first heard about this home in a Facebook group (shout out to all the #DreamBuilders!) and I was touched by the work that they are doing in Kenya. 
Caring for orphans, meeting needs, 
letting God’s mercy change the lives of all those beautiful children.

A team from the States is going to Kenya this Spring and the proceeds from the Christmas Cards will go to help fund a project for the team to complete while they are there. They will give us an update after it’s completed so you can all know what project it accomplished, so you’ll just have to stay tuned! :)

It’s hard to believe that this round of Christmas Cards has come to a close. It’s hard to believe that over $800 has gone to bless orphans in Haiti and Kenya. It’s hard to believe that God chooses to use us to accomplish this stuff, but He does.

I just have one last thing to tell you guys: Give. Please do it. I’m not doing anything crazy. I just am trying to do what Jesus says and He says GIVE. It may cost you- time, money, sleep, tears- but give. 

God set the ultimate example for us, by giving His Son for us. 

Now let’s be givers too.



To read more about Rehema Home and the beautiful work they are doing in Kenya, click here.
To make a donation, click here.





“Live creatively, friends. 
If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, 
saving your critical comments for yourself. 
You might be needing forgiveness before the day’s out. 
Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. 
Share their burdens, and so complete Christ’s law. 
If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.” 
~Galatians 6:1-3, The Message

11 comments:

  1. Truly inspiring, thanks so much for your efforts on behalf of true ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. You continue to inspire me. So proud to call you family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you my sweetie. God has truly given you a heart of compassion. I look forward to seeing what's next! Love you, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud of you! Keep putting your faith into action! I love you, Vanessa a ton!
    Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. as an adult, and as one of your parents(lump in throat) I am challenged and thrilled at this example. Each of us teamed up with others: under God's influence can do divinely world changing things!... start dreaming for next year!... I'll do my part, how about our friends out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Dad! I'm looking forward to what God will do next!

      Delete
  6. God bless you and your beautiful giving heart! Keep on being a blessing and you will find yourself blessed twice as much back. God's economy is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Thanks so much Sister Doughty. God bless!

      Delete