Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What a Dark Cloud Really Means


There’s this great song called “My Soul Longs For You” by Jesus Culture. I’ve heard it lots of times, and even have it on my iPod, but today I listened to it- and learned something completely new. 
One line, just one line, says, “I see the cloud and I know the rain is coming.”
So many times we ask God to pour out His Rain on us and our lives. And He does. 
But sometimes, before we feel the rain, it gets dark. Dry. Darker. More dry. 
We cry out, “God where are You?!” We face trials. 
We feel worn out and thirsty, desperate for some rain.
So I got thinking about what happens before a real-life rain shower...?
Well, it gets dark. Really dark. Something about the air changes. Sometimes there is thunder and lightning and still no rain. And it just looks totally and completely awful.
Then the winds change. And usually out of nowhere, the rain comes. It pours and the beautiful earth soaks in it. The flowers and trees drink it up, desperate to be filled.
That is what I want to happen to me: I want to get desperate before God. 
I want to trust that the gloomy sky doesn’t mean the end of the world, but that the rain is on it’s way. I want to trust that the dark cloud is not a sign of despair, but a promise of a Cool Drink to a thirsty soul. My soul. 



Click on the link below to listen to the song I was telling you about. It's pretty catchy! And it's also a little twist on the Let it Rain song... 

No comments:

Post a Comment