Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Called To the Highest Standard


Feeling alone? Like everyone’s having fun doing the wrong thing and not getting caught? Sometimes I feel like that. But it’s then that I remember the quote, “If you want to lead the orchestra, you may have to turn your back on the crowd.” 
And it’s in those lonely, reflective moments that I thank God for the calling He has on my life-  a calling no one can destroy or dictate. It’s in the moments where my prayers are tears, that I am amazed that God would fit me into His amazing plan
It’s hard, but I must remember that God requires so much more from those who say Yes to Him. How can you live like a sinner and expect to receive the benefits of a saint? No, if you want the benefits you have to put in work. If you really want God to take control, you have to surrender. You have to stand up and say, "No I will not do that. I won't compromise. I won't settle." Don't look around at the people who act holy, but then do whatever they want. Look up, to God, and follow Jesus' life as an example.
If you have a high standard, don’t drop it for anybody. God is preparing something incredible for you, and for all those who refuse to settle for less than His best.




The answer's simple: Live right, speak the truth, despise exploitation, refuse bribes, reject violence, avoid evil amusements. This is how you raise your standard of living! 
A safe and stable way to live. A nourishing, satisfying way to live. 
~Isaiah 33:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment