Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Prayer about Trusting


      I wrote this a few months ago, but I love it. When I reread this, I feel like David. This is one of those Psalms. You know, where David cries out to God and sorta complains and just tells God how he feels, but then realizes how much God has actually done... For me, this is a prayer. When I feel I can't possibly go further, I have to trust God. When I feel alone and lost, I have to trust God. When hiding seems easier, I have to trust God. Trust God.
      Maybe as you read this you will apply it to yourself. You'll see that God is not hiding, but maybe, in fact, you are. If you are hiding, know that God knows. He knows and He sees and He's waiting- waiting for you.



God, I’m running on empty; I cannot go on much further. 
I feel like once I get going and find that good place- something happens. 
I come to a complete and sudden stop. S-T-O-P
My brakes squeak and my body lunges forward, anxious to continue. 
Sometimes I feel as though I’m wandering, not lost- just lacking. 
Where is my purpose? What would You have me to do?
Often I feel alone and without guidance. My walk is shaky and my hands tremble. 
My confidence has fled and fear is creeping
I know Who to turn to, but feel like You’re hiding under a rock. 
Which rock do I look under?!
Maybe I’m the one under the rock, hoping to hide myself 
from the pains and disappointments of this world. 
Maybe I’m the one who stopped the car 
because I thought this route was boring and scary and wrong.
God, YOU are my rock, my place of safety
You’re my Foundation, the very thing my hope is built on. 
You know the path, You guide me and give me confidence. 
Direct me Lord
I trust that Your Way is the Right Way, the Only Way for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment