Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Go Ahead; Trade With God


       I wrote the following poem-ish thing in 2011 and made it my motto for that year. Well, a year later I am still reading and writing and committing it to memory. 
Over and over. I am repeating it's words of hope and redemption. I am loving it for my decisiveness and for the possibilities it brings. 
      Remember, change is not necessarily a bad thing and when you trade what you have, for what God has for you- you always receive above and beyond what you actually deserve.
       It is my hope and prayer that you, too, will trade with God and accept whatever it is He is calling you to do.



I am trading my feelings of doubt, insecurity, loneliness, and discontentment. 
I am trading my jealousy, pride, and fear.
I am trading them for what God has for me.
God’s replacing my doubt- with assurance,
My insecurity- with protection,
My loneliness- with an ever-present Savior,
My discontentment- with thankfulness,
My jealousy- with what’s best for ME,
My pride- with humility and a servant’s heart, and
My fear- with hope.
God’s giving me joy- even when times are tough,
Happiness- even when others around me complain, and 
Comfort- not in my social status, but in the knowledge of Jehovah Jireh.
I am not settling or giving up.
I am not stooping down.
I am stepping up and stepping out 
Into what God has called for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment