Friday, May 25, 2012

Wanna Breakthrough?


I am having a breakthrough. I will have my breakthrough. I’ve been waiting for God to send my breakthrough, but I’ve realized that therein lies the problem. Breakthrough is an action. I have to break through to have a breakthrough. Waiting, in this case, is not the answer.
If you want a breakthrough, you gotta chase it. You better push past the crowd. If you want a breakthrough, you better push through your peers and their expectations. You may have to push past your family and the place from which you’ve come from. If you want a breakthrough, you better be brave enough to push past your insecurities, doubts, fears, and desires. You may have to stand when others sit, sing when others are quiet, and move on when every part of you wants to stay put. If you want a breakthrough you may have to conquer your fear of rejection and embarrassment. You may have to step forward even though the path is not clear. You may have to be alone. But I am sure of this: you WILL break through.
I will listen to worship music, allowing it to seep into my thoughts and heart. I will memorize scripture. I will fast and pray even when I’m hungry and my eyes hurt. I will desperately seek God, knowing that it is only then that I will find him. I will live my life as an act of worship. Worship will be my lifestyle. My very life itself will glorify my Creator and 
Redeemer. 
There is no recipe for a breakthrough. (If there is, I’d like it please!) 
However, I’ll hold on to the belief that if anyone surrenders totally to God, and truly lives their life as He calls, then the breakthrough and the freedom that accompanies it, will come.



No comments:

Post a Comment